Thursday 5 February 2015

Oh how we are ungrateful.

At school I usually ask people what they'd like to be when they're older, the majority say "dunno". I ask them about school and they say "I hate school". The majority of students doubt school, the only reason they go to school is because they are required to do. It is appalling.
Like ants, they struggle. They do not realise the importance of education or how to succeed. They only attend school because it is the law. What would happen if they had a chance to not go to school?
I like to believe their lack of education is due to the fact they've had many things other children never have had. They've had food, working parents, a bed- they can even cross the street without being bombed or harmed. They do not know what it is like to truly suffer, they only know homework as suffering. Whereas you look at Africa and see children desperate to learn. It is devastating to see what they have and what they want and to compare to what children in the U.K have and what they want. I am different from those children, I am from a family who have had to suffer and suffer and the only goal I have had is to be something, be someone. And I do understand the phrase which states that the more you suffer, the more driven you are.
I have come to that time in my life where I have to be responsible and make decisions as to what I would like to do with my life, I am here to conclude that I am going to push myself to achieve what I want. I have been to focused on social media (and my TV shows) and I need to push myself in order to be what I would like to be. What do I want to be?
Ever since I was small I have been fascinated with English and becoming an English teacher. I have always wanted to do more than one job, I have a passion for English. However, I am fascinated with Mental Health.

I hope you have enjoyed today's blog post, do feel free to comment your thoughts.
Thank you,
-A.

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment